Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Quite possibly the longest 2 hours of my life

And a litany of other complaints. In no particular order.

I'm trying to download a iPod setup thing which is taking freakin' forever and so, hey, let's surf some blogs! Woo-hoo! Blogs are fun! We like them. But Blogger was down. That was horrible.

I was going to complain about the damn thunderstorm that's taking place right now but I just realized that it's actually fireworks. Just for the record, I can't see them, it's on Harriet Island (I think) which is on the other side of the building. We've had a lot of rain lately and that is the reason for complaint number 3 here.

Our power has been out twice this week at work. Which is great because hey, I get paid to answer the phone and tell customers to call back in a couple of hours because I can't access their information. But it also sucks because they call back. And they are pissed as heck. And the worst thing? The phones work but the computers don't so I can't blog or read blogs. Argh.

But! On the other hand, because some people told me I was cynical and I am proving them wrong. WRONG! I'm so optimistic, really, I am. Yes.

Today my boss had me off the phones for a half hour so I could learn more about Trogdor the Burninator. This came up because I asked him who Trogdor the Burninator is (I'm not sure why I asked him. I just figured he might know or think I was a dork. Whatever) and he was very excited and wanted to know why I was asking. I was asking because of this post on Geese Aplenty (this site amuses me muchly) where Greg writes about going to see Serenity (which, as you all know because you've seen the movie now, is the BEST MOVIE EVER! Read my post again if you doubt me) and he was wearing a "Sunnydale High School Dept. of Phys. Ed" shirt (which is so damn cool) and there was a girl wearing a Trogdor the Burninator shirt and he didn't know who Trogdor is. So I asked Matt who Trogdor was (in case you got confused because I ramble. I admit it. I am a rambler) and he had me come into his office so I could watch cartoons on the Internet. Because this is off his favorite website, homestarrunner.com. Yes. A 1/2 hour to watch cartoons. Which are extremely silly and made me giggle. And finally explained what all of those little plastic figures on his desk are from.

I have the best boss ever.