Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I thought she'd never ask

Diana posted this just recently and asked me to answer it for her. I am always willing to please but didn't want to bury it in my old post. So here goes.

Oh, anyone else that didn't respond the first time can leave their name in the comments and I'll be happy to answer it for you as well.

To refresh your memory, here's the meme.

Leave your name and...
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I'll try to say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your blog.

Here's what Diana said about me.

1. You are the Queen of the Universe (obvious) and you don't mind being photographed with a cat toy on your head.
2. "It's The End Of The World As We Know It And I Feel Fine" (R.E.M.) I can't not sing and dance along with this song. It is optimistic, has you laughing as you try to get all the words out, and always makes me feel better. Effexor in a song.
3. 1-2-3 Jell-O, Orange flavored. It is most flamboyant and has layers.
4. I live vicariously through you.
5. You and the lovely Beth actually hopped a plane and journeyed to see Johnny in Portugal. You DID the dream!
6. An otter. Otters are happy, silly, and always make others laugh, plus, they are up for anything.
7. OK, I know WHY karaoke, but when did you first do it and who was with you. Also, was a dare involved?
8. You already did it, you started it in our little circle, trendsetter, you.

I love her. Does she know me or does she know me?

My answer to the karaoke question was "Karaoke. Hmm. It actually came up once because Matt said he was going and Beth and I went and it was okay. And then we went to another place and we met Bryan and we were hooked from song 1. The man can sing. And then we became friends with him and Liz and James and that was the best thing ever. No. There was no dare. I love singing. It reminds me of acting."

So here you go, Diana. Enjoy.

1. You write the most intriguing gardening posts that I have ever read.
2. Bohemian Like You by the Dandy Warhols. It is my favorite song from the Radio Sunnydale CD that I have (besides Pavlov's Bell by Aimee Mann). It is upbeat and weird and funny and every time I hear it (a lot since it is on my Confusion City playlist) I think of you. It is usually the thought "Stupid iTunes, why do you hate me and not let me burn a CD so I can send Diana really fun and exciting music? Why?" But iTunes does not respond. Which is probably a good thing. That and Crazy In Love by Kane (also on Confusion City playlist. Not that I'm in love. Because I'm not) for the same reason. And iTunes still does not respond to my pleas. Stupid iTunes.
3. The Cook and Serve Jell-O chocolate pudding that my grandmother used to make for me. With Cool Whip. We can make a huge pudding in a cloud. Mmm. Chocolate.
4. We have both made misguided hair styling decisions in cutting our own hair.
5. You left a comment about how you had clicked the links for the Bring Johnny to Minnesota fund because if anyone deserved to eat crap on a stick, it was Johnny. That made me laugh and go check out your blog where I promptly decided that you were ever so cool.
6. Okay, this is kind of weird. The first thing that popped into my head was not an animal. It was a nurse log. I remember reading about them in a Nora Roberts book (can't think of the name right now but it was excellent, as they always are. Oh! River's End) and thinking that was the coolest thing ever. And I like trees. A nurse log, for those not in the know, is a tree that, even after death continues to bring life forth, seedlings will sprout from it. And I thought that was cool. I think it is because you are a doctor and a gardener is the reason why I thought of it because you are continuously bringing forth life and that is cool. Am I making sense? If I was forced to choose an animal, I would have to say anteater - because I loved the anteater from the Pink Panther cartoons and hated that stupid smart aleck ant and since you have declared war on the bugs, it works.
7. Will you adopt me? I think you are quite possibly the coolest Mom ever (outside my own Mother. And my sister (crap! I'm going to get into so much trouble. (Nah. They don't read my blog. Dang them))). Some people would say that, at 38, I do not need to be adopted but they would be wrong. And Keem told me today that she is not my mother and I should learn to roll up my own sleeves. And she told me I couldn't hug Tree anymore. She is very mean. If adoption is not in the cards, how about coming out to Saint Paul and cleaning my room? It is taking far too long because I am a) lazy and b) a slob. I know you are not old enough to be my mother but since someone once referred to me as Beth's mom at karaoke, we could pretend that you had me when you were, what? Negative Five?
8. You've already done this! Yay!