Friday, May 27, 2005

Bored, bored, bored, bored

Okay, I’m kind of bored. Plus, I have writer’s block which is never, ever good. Do you know how blocked I am? I am still working on my “100 Things About Me” that I started on April 9th. How hard is it to come up with 100 things? I’m stuck on 38. That’s so pathetic. So, in order to stave off guilt that I should be writing SOMETHING, I bring you back the music meme.

Using only the music of one of your favorite musical artists, answer these questions:
1. Are you male or female?: Not Your Girl
2. Describe yourself: Cheap and Evil Girl
3. How do some people feel about you?: Everything Feels Wrong
4. How do you feel about yourself?: Fool’s Gold
5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend/interest: Boys of Summer
6. Where would you rather be?: Galaxy Song
7. Describe what you want to be: Fallen
8. Describe how you live: Faster, Faster
9. Describe how you love: Smitten
10. Share a few words of wisdom: Show Me

Those songs are by Bree Sharp who (whom? I can never remember which is correct) I never would have discovered if not for Beth. Everyone say “Yay, Beth!” because Bree Sharp rocks and rolls.

Using only the music of one of your favorite musical artists, answer these questions:
1. Are you male or female?: Belle
2. Describe yourself: Flake
3. How do some people feel about you?: Fortunate Fool
4. How do you feel about yourself?: Good People
5. Describe your girlfriend/boyfriend/interest: Wasting Time
6. Where would you rather be?: Holes to Heaven
7. Describe what you want to be: Cupid
8. Describe how you live: Dreams Be Dreams
9. Describe how you love: Losing Hope
10. Share a few words of wisdom: Staple It Together

These songs are by Jack Johnson. I discovered Jack Johnson in one of two ways. Either by watching VH1 one night with Beth during a scrapbook marathon or by Bryan singing “Flake” at karaoke. Whatever. I’m just glad I did discover him. He has a very haunting voice and I like his music (although Bryan’s better at “Flake”). And thankfully he has a new album out this year or I never would have been able to answer number 1.

I am avidly looking forward to Sunday. My entire week has revolved around “Is it Sunday yet?” I think I need help. Perhaps there is a Karaoke Anonymous that I could start joining. Perhaps it’s not just the karaoke and the hanging with Beth that I am looking forward to but the fact that there might be someone at karaoke but I am not saying anything about that because that would be admitting that I like him and I don’t. Nope. Not at all. Just excited about karaoke and seeing Beth. That’s it.