Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

Here's something I want to make perfectly clear. I do not want children. I have never wanted children (other than the occasional aw moment when I see an adorable baby and my brain melts). I'm not even overly fond of children (except, of course, for my nephew, Josh, who is the most wonderful child in the world). I do, however, for some odd reason, like teenagers and have thought about adopting one if I ever get my finances in order (this will not be for sometime, if ever).

I have a great respect for parents. I don't get how you do it. How you manage to get through the day without going nuts is beyond me.

Anyway, today being mother's day, I just wanted to say thanks to some of the mothers I know.

First off, we have mom. Carol Jones (yes, Jones is my fake name for the family. Haven't come out of the internet closet yet) raised both my sister Kari and I by herself after she divorced my father when I was 13. Single mothers were not common in my home town and I know it was tough for her. Especially since I became the daughter from hell. Mood swings and drug use does not the sweetest child make. It took awhile but I have realized what a wonderful person my mom is. We don't always see eye to eye but I appreciate her for all the sacrifices she made and think she is wonderful. I made a tribute patch for her yesterday on American Greetings. Here is the link to the site.

There is my sister, Kari. My nephew Josh is a wonderful, joyful child of 18 months (I think. I am very bad at calculating months. He was born in October. You figure it out). Kari and Eric are wonderful parents and I love watching them with Josh. As the proud aunt (and owner of this blog), I now bring you pictures of my nephew. Enjoy.

I love this picture. Isn't it great? I had planned on putting these pictures in the post but blogger is being stubborn. Or I'm doing something wrong. In this picture, Josh stares pensively outside. Apparently one of his favorite pasttimes is to run outside with a glass of water and pour said water on the ground. Which is weird so proof that he is my nephew. I'm not sure about this picture but it's cute. Josh looks so much like his dad.

I also want to wish Suz and Nan, my older sisters, a happy Mother's Day as well. Thanks for reading and I love you. Suz, we will have to get together one of these days and I did not know you lived that close to me. Applebees would be a great plan...once I get paid again. Kind of broke right now.

Anyway, I'm going to go read a few more blogs and then maybe go back to bed. I was sick all day yesterday and am still feeling some residual effects. Gosh, it would be nice if my mom would bring me some chicken soup...of course, with her living in Arizona, that might be a bit difficult.