Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Stuff

Bored. Bored, bored, bored. I am bored.

It is very slow at work today. I can’t think of anything to write about. Even the Star Trek: TNG scripts are less than exciting today.

So here is a brief litany of complaints:

This weather is driving me crazy. It makes me sleepy and also is causing my joints to ache. So it is constantly snap, crackle, pop in my cubicle. Makes me wonder what it’s going to be like when I hit 50 or 60 if 38 is so miserable due to the rain.

My stupid cold is driving me nuts. I keep sneezing through the day and then, at night, when wearing my CPAP machine, I’m having difficulties sleeping. The mask fits right over my nose so the air shoots up my nostrils and then meets an inpentreble barrier. It’s very uncomfortable and I’m not getting enough sleep because of it.

My hair is driving me insane. I am trying to grow it long and it is in the in between stage. Right now it flops. That’s it. The problem is that my hair doesn’t like to grow long, it likes to grow out. It’s very frustrating. I want to chop it off but that would defeat the whole growing it out purpose. Sigh.

You know, for someone who doesn’t drive, I’ve used the phrase “is driving me” 3 times. Hmm. Perhaps it is my subconscious speaking to me and telling me to get my liscense.

Anyway, things aren’t that bad. I did finally break down and take my 4 horse pills this morning to cure my embarrassing condition. After a few minutes of utter nausea and dizziness, I feel better knowing that I am working to resolve the situation. Even though I am bitterly protesting having this condition.

I am really having a problem coming up with anything to write about today, though. I have been reading frog’s blog on and off and she asked her readers to ask her five questions that they would like answered. She also gave them the option of having her ask them five questions.

So, anyone up for the challenge? It could be fun.

Oh, and to make up for the complaints, I bring you an email from my boss and a meme (of course).

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt (the boss)
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:13 AM
To: DM
Subject: Welcome back

Welcome back to the Internet Over Users Club. We were starting to wonder if you would ever come back to us. This email is to show our appreciation for renewing your membership.

All joking aside, last week was pretty bad. I can usually stick up for you when you are only on during your breaks and before/after work. Monday was our busiest day on the phones and I'm worried because it was your busiest day on the internet. There were four and a half pages of sites on Monday and you were on the internet at least one time for every hour that day.

You Romulan's (not sure of the spelling) are always trying to push my buttons with this stuff. It just isn't logical in my opinion.

-----Original Message-----
From: DM
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:36 AM
To: Matt (the boss)
Subject: RE: Welcome back

Wait. Aren't Romulans evil? I would think I'm more of a Betazed/Human mix.

Okay, I agree with that. I was clicking on a site that gives proceeds every time you click a link. It's for charity. I was not actually looking at any of the pages, just clicking them. But I am not doing that anymore, I just do it at home. I figured that would probably look bad if I kept it up. Wish I would have thought of that before I did it though.

Mainly the most you'll see me doing now is reading the occasional blog and commenting during my breaks and lunch or reading Star Trek transcripts in between calls.

I am sorry about this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt (the boss)
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:42 AM
To: DM
Subject: RE: Welcome back

No worries. Like I said before, I can usually pick out more defined time frames, but this was the first report where you actually looked like you were on all day.

We work later on trying to find your Star Trek ethnicity. I'm sure that there has to be some kind of Star Trek personality test that can tell you what race you are. I mean they have Klingon Dictionarys for crying out loud.


-----Original Message-----
From: DM
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:43 AM
To: Matt (the boss)
Subject: RE: Welcome back

I'm a slacker. The sooner you know it the better.

You know I'm going to obsessively search the internet until I find the Star Trek personality test. Fortunately I'm on lunch right now.


And, of course, I found one. It’s based on the Myers/Briggs test but it is in Star Trek Lingo! How fun is that? It is super fun!

Here's the link.

Myers-Briggs would say that you are an ENFP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver). In Star Trek language, you share a basic personality configuration with James Kirk and Julian Bashir.
People like you are generally great problem-solvers. You're highly innovative, creative and unique. You're optimistic by nature, which may make others believe you're naive, but actually you're full of energy, very clever, and determined not to be stopped. You're outgoing, curious, and extremely playful. Others are sometimes taken aback by your enthusiasm, but it keeps you going after others have dropped.

You're deeply caring, sensitive and gentle, which, combined with your need to solve problems, may make you a little too eager to give others advice. You also process information very quickly, which may make others believe you're not listening to them. Before you share your feelings, you have to have time to process them.

You're adaptive and resourceful, but sometimes highly disorganized. You dream of having the perfect assistant. You respond best to people who encourage your unique viewpoints and insights, help you maintain harmony, and want to play and explore with you. You don't respond well when you're overwhelmed with details or when you're in a rigid situation.

Your primary goal in life is freedom to see possibilities, make connections, and be with a variety of people. Your reward is having spontaneous adventures.

Good careers for your type include being an advertising account executive, starship captain, career counselor, developer of educational software, actor, graphics designer, corporate team trainer, psychologist, inventor, medical pioneer, and child welfare counselor.

Is anyone really surprised that I am like Captain Kirk? Not me!