Monday, November 28, 2005

Have I mentioned that I hate Mondays? Because I do.

I am working on a karaoke post to cover Thanksgiving night and also last night but I have to tell you about the auspicious start to my day.

Last night I mentioned that Keem is out of town and I would probably end up oversleeping since she wouldn't be telling me to wake up. Have I ever mentioned that sometimes I'm kind of superstitious and because of that, I should just keep my big, fat mouth shut? No? Well, I am. We have what we call the "work gods" at work and are very careful not to mention when it is slow because it then gets extremely busy. We refer to this as cursing ourselves and try to avoid it at all times.

So you just know that I'm going to oversleep, right? Yeah.

I got up when my alarm went off but decided to hit the snooze alarm. Once, twice - this worked fine. Third time, not so good. I woke up again at 8:23 (23 minutes late) with the next bus not coming until 9:21. Then I wasn't feeling good and missed the 2nd bus. I ended up taking a cab. On the plus side, the cab was probably the nicest I'd ever been in and the cab driver was not psychotic. On the minus side, it cost 15 bucks with tip and I had to ask him to go through the ATM lane because I had no cash.

Then, about forty minutes after making it to work, I look down and guess what? My shirt is inside out again. This is the 3rd time this month. Obviously I should not be allowed to dress myself.

Work was horribly busy, as you can see by the fact that there is not a karaoke post. Tomorrow? Maybe?

Just to let you know how last night went - My head is in the clouds and I want to run around hugging people tightly. There may or may not have been flirting with Gil last night. And have I mentioned how cute he is? And funny? And gosh, I like him an awful lot.

Anyway, my show is on in a few minutes so I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Yeah, I am kind of evil for just leaving you with that. Ciao!