Friday, September 10, 2004

Hearing Problems

At Perkins, after karaoke, Beth, Matt and I are having a good time playing cards, when a song comes on the Musak overhead. Beth and Matt start discussing how a line goes "Until your back is aching."

I look up. "Is that how it goes? I thought it was 'Until you're back with bacon.'"

They stare at me. I continue. "Hey, breakfast food or Kevin, you win either way."

We then start singing the next line "I miss you, I want you, I need some food."

For the record, the song is "Back Here" by BBMak (whatever the heck that is) and the lyrics go like this (although I think my version is better).

BBMak Back Here

Baby set me free from this misery
I can't take it no more
Since you went away nothing's been the same
Don't know what I'm living for
Here I am so alone
And there's nothing in this world I can do

Chorus
Until you're back here baby
Miss you want you need you so
Until you're back here baby yeah
There's a feeling inside I want you to know
You are the one and I can't let you go

So I told you lies even made you cry
Baby I was so wrong
Girl I promise you now my love is true
This is where my heart belongs
Cause here I am so alone
And there's nothing in this world I can do

Chorus

And I wonder, are you thinking of me
Cause I'm thinking of you
And I wonder
Are you ever coming back in my life?
Cause here I am so alone
And there's nothing in this world I can do

Chorus to fade

Words fail me. Pretty much, from what I gather, is that the singer is depressed because he told lies and let his baby go and now is sitting around wondering if she is thinking about him. I have just one little word for him. And that word is NO! Hopefully, she has a life now and is not waiting around for you to call her because you don't deserve her at all. Perhaps this song was written by the genius who came up with Picture.

Previous comments

At 12:08 PM, The Lioness said...

I linked your Moron's Mouth, that way all 3 sites are neatly available. I hope it's alright, let me know if it isn't. I have to get hold of a Picture.mp3 to understand all that hatred! :D

At 5:53 PM, DeAnn said...

I like the bacon line MUCH better, so you just keep on singing it that way!

At 10:22 AM, CarpeDM said...

I say "Link away! Link away! Link away, Dixie Land."Oh, God, I am so insane.

No, it's cool, Lioness. You go right ahead.

At 6:18 PM, Sara said...

Hi! New to your blog. I love to karaoke too. Where in MSP/St. Paul do you karaoke? I always have a hard time finding places?