Thursday, September 23, 2004

Links from frog

I've been reading frog's blog for awhile and I am constantly finding new things. She's a very good writer, so if you have a chance, go on over to her site and read for yourself.

Here are the two things she's brought to my attention in the last few days:

Books for Kids (the following is in her words) - If you have some time, a little bit of cash, and an interest in kids reading, visit this link. That’s the wish list for Wingate Elementary in Wingate, NC. They need some books. Go help them, if you can. And post a link on your blog, if you would. It’s an easy, concrete thing to do that will help kids. What could be better, really? Nods to zawadii for the information, and to Books for Kids, for the excellent work that they do.

The Ally button (again, in her words) - If you're interested in sporting your very own LGBT ally button, you can order them online here. It's button #1607, and if you scroll down a bit, you can see a photo of it on the left-hand side of the screen. Or, better yet, support your local LGBT bookstore by purchasing one there (unless they're out of them, as ours is...).

And, what I just realized, after searching her blog again, trying to find the thing about the Ally button, the song that's been stuck in the back of my head for months is Blackbird by The Beatles. Great links, writing and the answer to the burning question "What song is making Dana go insane today?" What more could you ask for?

So, when you see me someday now the future, you'll be seeing me with my Ally button & my I'm straight but not narrow button, walking with a spring in my step because I'm helping kids read and I won't be slapping my head trying to get that damn song out of there. All thanks to frog.

Previous Comments:

At 3:44 AM, DeAnn said...

I have added her to my blogroll.That is one ringing endorsement. She must be VERY happy!

At 7:44 AM, frog said...

A thousand thanks for the kind words, Dana. :)