Thursday, September 02, 2004

An Open Invitation to the World

Dear World,

Sunday night, the 5th, Beth and I cordially invite you to join us at The Chalet (apparently their website is not up anymore. Dang it!). The 6th is Labor Day and pretty much everybody has the day off (well, we do at NABABNA). There will be singing and dancing (it's happened in the past) and much festivities. And, if you choose to drink, go for it, just don't be surprised if I post about you later (well, if you get drunk). Here is a link to Mapquest where you can get driving instructions. We go up there at about 9:30-10 but, if that changes, I will update. Update! We have decided to up at 9:00 and get a table or two or three. We're expecting it to be somewhat busy.

Here's what you can expect if you join us:

  1. A hot bartender named Bobby (I think I have a thing for bartenders. There is something so sexy about a man who is in control of my diet Coke and can provide me with lime slices).
  2. A jovial karaoke host named Bryan McDonald.
  3. A discussion on the proper usage of the word "Whoo!"
  4. A discussion on the Rules of Karaoke.
  5. Threats of mayhem if anyone sings the song "Picture."
  6. Odd little conversations and moments like this.
  7. Lots of fun!
  8. No, you don't have to sing.
  9. You can be a part of history as Beth and I have embarked on a case study to determine the "Cause and Effect of Red Shirt When Perceived By Drunken Males." It is a much scientific study and will result in my purchasing a low-cut red shirt. For the results of our previous findings, please click here and here (Beer Goggles - Part One and Two). And also here (The New Scent For Men to Drive Women Wild). We are trying to determine if it's the shirt or the shirtee which causes the reaction. Be there for the finale of our fact-finding mission!
Personal pleadings to people who have not said whether or not they will be there (in no particular order but the bullets button doesn't work which annoys me. Dang it):


  1. To my team at NABABNA, please, please, please come! I want you all there! It'll be great. You will get to witness me do silly things!
  2. Luke, I swear, if you don't show, I may be forced to call you a slacker for eternity.
  3. Kelly, I'm going to sing "Fever." As promised.
  4. Troy, you must be there. You are manly and strong and will be needed to protect me from those who are drawn to the red shirt. Plus, Katie really wants to go and I like you guys and it would make me happy and do you seriously want an unhappy Dana?

Anyway, dear World, won't you please join us? It'll be very fun.

Previous comments
At 11:37 PM, DeAnn said...
Oh, how I wish I could join you. However, I don't think a visit to St. Paul is in the cards.

At 3:19 PM, Firebear said...
Dang it! I hate that I will miss the red shirt! Have a blast! Take pictures! Be safe!

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous said...
Yay DM I have talked Troy into coming, he was honored to be included in your personal invitations.

At 1:45 PM, The Lioness said...
Question: once you leave Europe, which exit shall you take?