Sunday, September 19, 2004

A loaf of bread, a jug of Diet Coke (with a lime slice) and thou

I forgot to mention that Bobby (hot bartender Bobby, mentioned previously before here and here) and I had an ever so romantic conversation last Sunday. I am looking forward to tonight and seeing him again so that we may exchange fleeting glances, followed by whispered sweet nothings and then, consumating our love, quite possibly in the rain (stupid ex-boyfriends who refuse you when you say "Oh, it's a very warm rain, let's go outside and finish this." I was offering semi-public sex! Isn't that supposed to be a turn-on for guys? I cannot die until I have lived this fantasy (No, that is not an offer for volunteers)).

Anyway, for your reading pleasure, here is the conversation:

B (not Beth this time. Bobby): The usual?
DM: Yes. (Heart bursting with love) We missed you last Sunday.
B (still Bobby): I was out of town.
DM: Oh.
B: Were we busy?
DM: Yes.
B: I figured we would be.
DM (watching him put the finishing touches on my Diet Coke): Please marry me.

Okay. I didn't ask him to marry me. I told Beth about the conversation, including the part in my head. She said "I bet I could freak him out if I asked him why he hadn't answered your telepathic proposal yet." Or something like that.

Anyway, hopefully he will be at The Chalet tonight where I may gaze at his masterful hands as he makes my drink of choice. Sigh. Ah, Bobby, if you only knew how we were destined for each other. You pour Diet Coke, I drink Diet Coke. It's a match bottled in Heaven.

Comments:
At 5:00 PM, angelia said...
Ahh, the sweet, sweet wonders of life. You and Bobby...he pours diet coke, you drink diet coke....hot delivery boy and me, I make pizza's, he delivers pizzas. We could have a double wedding! LOL
At 10:05 AM, CarpeDM said...
Yes, that would be ever so romantic.The fun thing about this is I'm not secretly in love with him, I think he's a great guy and the whole providing me with a beverage is always important, but, for some reason, when I talk to him, I turn into this twittering school girl. He probably thinks I'm a total freak. Which, of course, I am.
At 3:39 PM, Firebear said...
THINGS TO DO IN THE RAIN:
SINGING
DANCING
MAKING OUT WITH DANA
CANOEING
GOLFING
At 12:01 PM, CarpeDM said...
Oh, Firebear, you're the perfect man. If only you weren't in Michigan with the perfect woman