Friday, August 13, 2004

Is there a doctor in the house?

Does anyone have any idea as to why, every time I sit up or sit down or move my head, I keep getting these weird head rushes? And, sometimes, the room starts spinning for a good minute or two? This is not good, especially when I am getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I'm completely disorientated already.

I think I am broken. And I don't know how to fix me.

I should be drinking more water so I'll try that. Thanks for the tip, Robert-Marlene. The inner ear thing is a possibility. I keep remembering a Love Boat episode I saw when Captain Stubing was having the same problem and he thought he was dying and it turned to be because of an allergy to roses was affecting his balance via his inner ear.

Previous comments

At 1:06 PM, Robert ~ Marlénè said...
Sounds like a hangover... may be dehydration, possibly from an allergic reaction or just an accidental combination of diuretics (caffeine or alcohol or aspirin) and heat. Or else an inner-ear problem. A touch of encephalitis, perhaps? Drink a lot of water (like so much water that you think your eyeballs are gonna float out) and keep your head still... even if it doesn't fix it, flushing yourself with water every now and again is very good for you, and keeping still is always worthwhile.Feel better!

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous said...
What's your blood pressure like? People with good to low blood pressure sometimes get little dizziness spells afters relaxing for a bit of time and then begin moving quickly ie laying down and standing up.