Friday, August 06, 2004

Last Comic Standing - Update

Those who have been following the trials and tribulations of the plucky comedians will understand how traumatic of a week this has been for me. This was the first night where America gets to pick which three comics will go on to the next week.

Here you are telling me that I have to pick a favorite out of Alonzo Bodden, Gary Gulman, John Heffron, Jay London, Katleen Madigan and Tammy Pescatelli. These are the six comics I have been following since they got into the house, these are the people I have been rooting for every week. And I have to choose a favorite? It can't be done.

Gary Gulman's routine hit close to home on Tuesday. He started talking about alarm clocks and the snooze alarm and how he used to live with someone who would keep hitting the snooze alarm each morning multiple times. Jeff started laughing because Keem is one of those people and his bedroom is next to hers (well, so is mine but I have the master bedroom and I also sleep like the dead). Then Gary went on to cookies and about how he hates the sugar cookie. It is a little embarrasing to be yelling at the TV "Yes! Exactly!" when Gary says "A cookie without sugar is a cracker." I'm sorry but I have very strong feelings against sugar cookies.

I caught the last few minutes of the show on Thursday. Apparently my psychic powers are working overtime again. Gary, John and Alonzo are moving on to next week. And how do I choose between those three? It can't be done. I couldn't decide between six. Can't they be the Last Three Comics Standing? Stupid NBC. First you take Dan Naturman away from me and now you're making me crazy over this.

Previous comments
At 4:12 PM, Firebear said...
What can be said? Tammy was robbed!