Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Question of the Day - What strikes terror into your heart

Babies. They are small and fragile and make a lot of noise.

Josh doesn't know me very well because I don't drive and so, I don't get to see him very often. Today is Kari's birthday (Happy b-day, little sister!) and the husband and her decided to leave their only child in my hands while they went out to eat.

It was horrible. He started crying five minutes after they walked out the door...no, strike that. He started screaming. Loud "You are torturing me and I will be in therapy for life" screams. I finally get him to calm down, well, actually Keem did. And she did so much. She walked into the room, he looked at her and must have thought "Oh, look, there's a complete stranger. I love her so much more than my aunt," and calmed down. Then, when she left to do laundry, he started screaming again.

The kid is seriously giving me a complex. But, hey, reconfirming my belief that I am just not mother material. I can't wait until he's six. I look forward to having long discussions about the merits of Shakespeare.