Sunday, June 20, 2004

Random thoughts on a Sunday morning

I keep waking up at night, anywhere between 3:30-4:30. While it is lovely to wake up in the middle of the night and realize that you can go back to bed for several hours before you have to get up for work, it is far lovelier to wake up in the middle of the night and realize that you can sleep in because it’s your day off. What sucks is waking up in the middle of the night, realizing that it’s 4:30 and your alarm is going off for a reason. Whose bright idea was it for me to start working at 5:30 on Sunday morning? Oh, that’s right, it was mine.

I like the Tazo tea bottles. They amuse me. The tea’s pretty good as well. My favorite of the bottled teas is Brambleberry (Marion blackberry and apple juice with tea). Of course, I’ve only had two kinds so I’m not an expert.

I am a horrid, horrid friend. I was going to call Beth back last night after my cell phone cut out in the parking ramp - once I got into the apartment. I forgot. “Beth, are you there? No, you’re not. I think I have lost you. Yes, you are gone.” I am sorry, Beth. Please forgive me.

Is it wrong that I am checking out young boys on a Sunday? I’m going to be struck dead, aren’t I? Well, he was at least 16 because he was working at the local gas station and drove a decent Mustang. Maybe he was closer to 18. Who can tell? I think you have to be 18 to work the overnight shift in Minnesota. Anyway, he was cute. Keem paid more attention to his bad parking job than his glorious brown eyes. I feel sorry for her sometimes.

Karaoke tonight with Beth. I am looking forward to it. Keem, Beth and I are going to go see Dodgeball tomorrow night (Mmm, Vince Vaugh, Ben Stiller, hot black guy in spandexy outfit). There are many summer movies I want to see.
Spiderman 2 (Mmm, Tobey Macquire (He's cute in a nerdy way), Alfred Molina, hot guy who plays Peter Parker's friend, Ted Raimi (he played Joxer on Xena. I adored him. Stupid Gabrielle)!
Catwoman (Mmm, Benjamin Bratt, Halle Berry. Halle Berry in leather. Hey, I always said she's the one woman who could turn me)! Okay, I'm going to stop now. Sorry, I meandered. Of course, these are random thoughts so meandering is allowed!

I like the new Counting Crows song but I wish it would get out of my head. “Love, love, love, accidentally in love, love, love.” Over and over and over again. Well, at least we know it’s catchy.

My desk is a mess. Today I will get organized!

Another song stuck in my head now. “I don’t want to work. I want to bang on my drum all day.” I don’t have a drum. I need to get a drum. Keem says I can’t get one. She is mean.

My desk is still a mess. I did not get organized. I'm not surprised.