Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Question of the Day - What's your favorite song? (inspired by Beth)

I like music. I especially enjoy listening to the radio when I'm grooving on the internet, mainly because it annoys me to have to change CD's. And yes, I do have a 3 CD player, I just don't how to set it up.

I like most styles of music so it is very difficult for me to pick a favorite song. I think most people are the same way. It's really easy to say what your favorite book is or movie right off the top of your head but when you are talking about music, you usually start thinking "What style?"

I think right now, I would have to say that the song that comes to mind the most would be Change The World by Eric Clapton. It is the first song I sing at karaoke, it has the genius that is Clapton on guitar (You should see me when I listen to his version of Danny Boy. Yes, I cry), the unrequited love that states "If you would just notice me, what a great love we would have..." Without going into stalker territory.

If you haven't heard the song, it is in the movie Phenomenon (excellent movie), and I fell in love with it then. It's been the top of the favorite list since 1996. The lyrics here are not the way the song was written, it's the way I sing it.

Change The World

If I could reach the stars, I'd pull one down for you.
Shine it on my heart so you could see the truth:
That this love I have inside, is everything it seems.
But for now I find, it's only in my dreams.

That I can change the world,
I will be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world.

And if I could be queen, even for a day,
I'd take you as my king - I'd have it no other way.
And our love would rule in this kingdom we have made.
'Til then I'll be a fool, wishing for the day...

That I can change the world,
I would be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world (twice).

If I could change the world,
I would be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world (three times).