Monday, October 11, 2004

A couple things I forgot to mention

Josh was baptized yesterday. The baptismal took place at Saint Andrew's Lutheran Church, where I was confirmed many, many years ago. Saint Andrew's has grown from the small church I remember from my teenage years and now has a gigantic sanctuary. The service was very nice and the church is beautiful but a part of me longs for the small church of my youth.

The baptismal banner actually went quite well. I pretended it was a scrapbook page, just without pictures. I showed it to Eric, while saying "Let's hope your wife doesn't kill me" and his eyes were immediately drawn to the section that says "Go Vikes!" He, concerned for my well-being, said "You may want to remove that before she sees it." I explained that Kari knew it would have football on it, that's one of the things important to our family. Well, to Eric and his Dad anyway. I showed it to Kari and she started crying. This is a good thing. We are a sentimental bunch.

I'll post pictures once I figure out how to download them to the computer from the picture thing that fits into the camera.

After the ceremony we went to the Picadilly, a restaurant that's been in my home town forever but I've only been there twice. We had the brunch and they had the best prime rib/roasty thing I've ever had. Reminded me of my grandmother's pot roast. Yum.

I was able to reunite with old friends who are still Kari's friends that I don't see that often. Becky (you may know her as Barb from my tales of Madison stories) and Lisa were there, they are Josh's godmothers (Kari's friend Steve is his godfather). It was really nice seeing them both, they are great and a lot of fun and can always make me laugh. Which is a good thing. Laughter is always great. Lisa's mother, Elaine, was also there and she is just wonderful. I had a good time.

Beth and I went to karaoke last night. It was a lot of fun. You should really read Beth's post about karaoke because there were good and fun exciting things that happened.

It is 2:40, I am very tired, and I'm talking phone calls. It's going good. I haven't accidently hung up on anyone or given them wrong information. Good Dana! Until tomorrow, my internet friends. Have a good day.

Oh, I have a new post on The Meaning of Life and also Is There Life After Mountain Dew? Just in case you're interested. And how could you not be?

Previous Comments:


At 3:31 PM, DeAnn said...
Wow, baptism AND karaoke?! I can see why you're tired!
At 3:40 PM, CarpeDM said...
I am a party animal. Yeah, I forgot to mention the 4 or 5 hour nap I took between these events.
At 4:00 PM, brooksba said...
Good Dana!I LOVE that you can blog while on calls. This is awesome. Yea! More for me to read!I saw the pictures of the banner and I was proud of you. I think it was great!I really like ! About karaoke, how many times can I say to myself, "He's sooooo cute!" It reminds me of when you had the thing for the certain Greek god. =)Tell me to shut up when I get annoying.
At 4:12 PM, CarpeDM said...
I can't tell you to shut up. Did you ever tell me to shut up? How weird that you did this? I just updated this to show the link for What is the meaning of life because I posted the poem I wrote about Michael. Somewhere the Twilight Zone theme is playing.
At 5:34 PM, The Lioness said...
What do you mean new post on Mountain Dew??? It's OLD!!! Old, you hear me! It's from the 3rd! Define "new". NOW.