Saturday, October 02, 2004

Old Email Week

On Monday, I'll have a new email address at NABABNA so I had to clean out my inbox of all these emails I've saved over the years. Italics are explanations of what Keem and I are talking about. If you're confused, leave a comment and I'll explain further.

From: DM
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 8:18 AM
To: Keem

It's 63 degrees in London (I love England. I’m even cool with the rain). Let’s move.

From: Keem
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 8:36 AM
To: DM

Nope. No move to London.


From: DM
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 8:44 AM
To: Keem

Plllllleeeeeeeeeeesssssse? They are laughing at me for liking Rowan Atkinson again (They would be Ben and Kirsten, two of my (former (sob)) bankers. Possibly Shannon as well but she normally doesn’t laugh at me because she’s afraid of hurting my feelings). Sigh.

From: Keem
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:48 AM
To: DM

Nope. You are stuck here in MN.

Did you tell Mike (my (former) boss) about Adam's mail...Adam YOUR LAST NAME (See Beth’s post
for further explanation)? Did ya?? Huh huh, did ya??

From: DM
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:49 AM
To: Keem

Not yet. I will do so shortly. You can come to London with me.

From: Keem
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:54 AM
To: DM

Maybe I don't want to. There is the whole Mad Cow disease and stuff...no more beef...=(

From: DM
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 9:56 AM
To: Keem

Is that still going on (See the detail that I pay to current events)? We can come back to Minnesota for hamburgers...and think of the fact that you can go over to Ireland and Scotland, all those hot Celts.

From: Keem
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:07 AM
To: DM

You brat! You had to mention Scotland and Ireland...although, after seeing The Wickerman, I will not ever go to Ireland. It was a bad, bad horror flick that had some truth in it.

From: DM
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:09 AM
To: Keem

What was the wickerman about or don't I want to know? All horror movies have some truth to them...are you ever going to go to Texas (I think I meant to say are you never going to go to Texas)?

From: Keem
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:27 AM
To: DM

Why would I want to go to Texas???

As for the Wickerman, the idea was that this detective went to Ireland to work on some case of a missing girl. He goes to Ireland and finds her. She is going to be sacrificed to help their crops grow kinda thing...this is actually set in the late 70's-early 80's. After trying to rescue her, he realizes and is also told that they brought him there on purpose to be the sacrifice in the "wickerman." Basically the wicker man is filled with sacrificial animals...a chicken, cow, goat, etc and the head is the human sacrifice. Sorry, but it just scared me...

From: DM
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 11:07 AM
To: Keem

The first words out of his mouth are "He's your illegitimate love child."

Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I have 3 stupid hours on the phones today and an hour of selling candy grams and Mike stole my Mountain Dew. He must die. Okay, he gave it back but he shook it up lots.

From: Keem
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 8:35 AM
To: DM

Did you think that he wouldn't shake it up??? That is normal for Mike. Just tap the bottle a little before you open it. Sorry about the 3 hrs on the phones. If it makes you feel any better, I have 8...=P

From: DM
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 8:46 AM
To: Keem

Yeah, yeah, good point. I complained about having no shoes until I met a man who has no feet and all...

From: Keem
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 9:10 AM
To: DM

Yeah, yeah. I just wanted to pick on you. I would love to only have 3 hours.

From: DM
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 9:26 AM
To: Keem

It was funny. Put my complaints into perspective. Of course, I'm also supposed to coach my team and do a side by side with one of my bankers. Eek. I am overburdened (My God. I figure out it was time for a change and it took me a year to do anything about it. Wow).

From: Keem
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:01 AM
To: DM

Poor Dana! I feel bad for you. I am still tired. I want to go home and sleep now. =(

From: DM
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:18 AM
To: Keem

Me too but I have cheese now. Happy, happy Cheese (I really like cheese, okay?)

Okay, so I'm half asleep, sitting in the computer room and I'm kind of dreaming or dreaming that I'm dreaming and I'm thinking about a person who is hearing voices (maybe me, maybe my character (characters I’ve created for future books)) and there are two voices. One says go ahead, take a nap...the other voice says you're going to be late and the person, who may or may not be me says shut up and then apologizes. So then I'm thinking, "When you start apologizing to the voices in your head, you know you're not having a good day."


Previous Comments:

At 4:58 AM, brooksba said...
This is just the perfect way to define you. The last part, "When you start apologizing to the voices in your head, you know you're not having a good day."Only you. I loved the post.
At 8:21 AM, The Lioness said...
Ditto. "When you start apologizing to the voices in your head, you know you're not having a good day." - a WINNER!!! You did it again!