Monday, October 04, 2004

Weekend Update

I'm sorry I haven't had time to blog lately. It's been crazy.

Josh turned a year old on Sunday. It was very exciting. Lots of people came over and gave him many presents (some of which were really cool and now I want a kid so I have an excuse to play). After the party, Beth, Heather, Keem and I scrapbooked (yes, I am one of those people that uses scrapbook as a verb - scrapbooked, scrapbooking. Deal with it. Better yet, start scrapbooking yourself. It's very fun). I was able to accomplish one page. I so need to get organized.

Then Beth and I went to karaoke. Karaoke is fun. You should do that as well. We're going to try and go every Sunday.

The new job is interesting. I'm in training right now. Learning a lot of new stuff. The first day was interesting, all of this reading. I was so tired (didn't help that I had gone to karaoke the night before) and wasn't feeling well.

Yesterday was horrible. I felt feverish, my stomach hurt and I was feeling nauseated all day. Towards the end of the day, I was chilled and pulled out my earmuffs and mittens. I watched Last Comic Standing (c'mon Alonzo! You can do it!) while cleaning out my purse (I'm really bad about emptying my purse of junk. Usually I won't do it until I've changed purses. So I bought a pink and black messenger bag last night for 9 bucks. I am all about the bargains). I watched a little bit of the debate last night which is always fun when you're in a room full of Democrats. Cheney was not getting any love from us.

Probably at about 8:30, I went to bed though. I spent the entire night shaking, putting as much covers on as possible. I am feeling better now though. Still a little sick to my stomach but not as bad as yesterday. Stupid stomach flu.

Anyway, hope your weekend was good. Chat with you later.

Previous Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Matt said...
Dana! Hope you are feeling better than ever and that you kicked the stomach flu's arse. I do not want you being sick, that is no fun. I have something wrong with me as well, I have a pulled muscle or something, and now the doctor (yes I went, I had to) has me on Prednisone and Vicadin (ahh vicadin, the wonder drug) if it is not better within ten days, I have to go get an x-ray (led aprons, I love led aprons) or get stuffed into an mri tube like a giant canoli. Oh well, I will talk to you later, hget better before Friday, it is our first Friday nght card game.Later,Your Son Who Is Crazy
At 2:08 PM, brooksba said...
Dana,I'm sorry to hear you don't feel well. Get better soon, this is not just a request. =) I dislike the little flu bug making my friend feel lousy. Do you like the new job? It sounds like you're just learning right now, but how is it? Inquiring minds want to know.Beth
At 3:05 AM, DeAnn said...
Your Son Who is Crazy? What?And karaoke? Is only fun for me when drunk!!
At 8:29 AM, CarpeDM said...
The job, at least what I know of it, is good. I'm going to be completely honest when I say that I am not overly fond of training. Not just training here, but all training. I am the type of person who wants to know everything but doesn't want other people to tell me how to know it. Does that sound weird? Yeah, probably a little. I'm a hands-on type of person. Look at how I learned the help desk, "Here's a packet, go take some calls." I loved it. So I'm adjusting to the learning. At least our trainer doesn't freak out if you start working ahead and she continues to talk about how everyone learns differently so she is aware that some of us are going to be faster than the others.DeAnn, I'll explain the comment Matt left in a later post. I think we have explained it before but it might be on Beth's blog so you may not have seen it.