Friday, October 08, 2004

What is to come...

I am in training, on break. I could be roaming the halls right now but instead, my dear readers, I am here, racking my sleep-deprived brain, trying to come up with something funny.

There is no funny. There is only numbers, horrible numbers, flying at me. There is math - MATH - involved in this. I have to multiply and understand what happens when a stock splits and there is a reverse stock split or a merger or a tender or a reorganization. It is horrible. Who cares? Stop changing your name, companies! It's confusing me!

Stomach still hurts. I Am Not Pleased. I am no longer convinced I am dying, however, so, as those of you who know me are aware of, that means I'm feeling much better than I did on Tuesday. This is good.

Because you are my loyal subjects...sorry, I meant to type friends...and treasure every word that I write, I will let you in on a little secret or two. There is code involved in this blogging world. Secret code. And I'm going to let you know what it means. That way, when it comes up later, while other people will be going "WTF does that mean?" you can laugh at them.

The owl flies at midnight - Beth and I are going to karaoke. If the owl is tired or isn't feeling particularly well, that means we're not going to karaoke.

The queens are coming out to play - Beth, Keem, Matt and I are going to Perkins to play cards. Sheepshead to be exact. The queens are very important in Sheepshead because they are the highest trump to be found. However, they are not as important as I, Dana, Queen of the Universe. That is why they will never be capitalized.

Just so you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Ciao.

Previous Comments:

At 2:23 PM, brooksba said...
Dana,Do you like the job or are you worried about it? I'm sure you can do it, you just need to learn the stuff they're teaching you. You are very smart and you'll get this. The queens come out to play tonight! Yea! I'm happy.
At 6:45 PM, CarpeDM said...
Yes, I like the job. I'm just learning and it's weird. I'm sure it'll get better as time goes by.Plus, I was trying to be funny. Obviously I failed. Back to square one.
At 9:49 PM, Matt said...
I laughed! I cried, and then I laughed again! How can you say that you failed? You will do it, for you are, DANA-QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!(Echoing inserted here) I am glad that you did explain the "Queens come out ot play" however, not that I don't mind being called a queen, but ya know, that's cool. I will see you on the flipside, later.See Ya!Matt